elcome to the Baker Funeral Home web site. Our family has been serving southern Brazoria county since 1958.
Clifton "Cliff" Baker and Mary Rose Baker moved their family from Bay City, Texas, where Cliff had been working for Taylor Bros. Funeral Home for many years, to West Columbia, Texas in January of 1958.
The funeral home was originally located at 450 S. 17th St. in West Columbia. Cliff and Mary added a second location at 118 W. Texas, in Brazoria, in 1973.
William "Bill" Baker, Cliff and Mary's oldest son, was discharged from the Navy in 1969, attended Commonwealth College in Houston and joined the family business.
Cliff retired from the business due to ill health in 1985. He passed away in November of 1987 two days after the original location was totally destroyed by fire. The family continued operations during the construction of the new West Columbia location from the Brazoria location.
The new location opened in October of 1989 at 634 S. Columbia Drive. The funeral home is a spacious 15,000 square foot structure of beige brick with columns and large windows. It has a large airy chapel that seats 350 with a separated family section and a large front entry area. The funeral home also includes business offices, arrangement office, a large family seating area and two state rooms.
To further serve the community's needs, the family purchased Cedar Lawn Haven of Rest,a cemetery located on Sinclair St. a short distance from the funeral home in 1979.
In 1997 Kyle Baker, Bill's youngest son, joined the family business. He graduated from his father and grandfather's alma mater, Commonwealth College in 1999.
Baker Funeral Home remains family owned and operated proudly serving the needs of our families in southern Brazoria County.
The Baker Family
There are some very good reasons
why you should consider pre-planning. Please call us at (979) 345-3232 to set up an appointment with a caring professional.